National Days used to be few and far between and were meant to mark the occasion of something truly special worth celebrating, and a lot
Vent Covers Are Eyesores. Take Them From Drab To Fab With This Ultimate How-To Guide
One thing every modern home needs is vents. Be it air conditioning vents, heating vents, or bathroom vents, they are all necessary to keeping the air in our houses fresh all year long.
Unfortunately, some of the most common eyesores in homes are also… well, vents! They are mostly metal grates, mostly drab looking, or just plain nasty after years of dusty buildup. Perhaps your floor vents have warped, sharp edges sticking up from the floor. Whatever the case may be, if you want your home to have that extra touch of style, vent decor works surprisingly well.
We’ve compiled a gallery of styles and DIY guides for all manner of vent covers. Whether you fancy metal, wood, or even easy-to-make cardboard art covers, we have something for you!
1. Here’s a DIY guide for a stylish vent cover. Turn that welcome mat into something that welcomes more frequently.
Or with a little extra effort, you can paint the floor mat to match your wall color, and perhaps sand the surface to ‘post-pins”get a rustic look.
Speaking of floor mats, most style websites show this next image and imply it’s a rubber door mat. It’s not. It’s a hinged door frame with a dark screen to obscure the air filter behind it. What a great look!
2. Covering vents can involve even craftier ideas that make more use of the space. For instance, this DIY guide shows a fantastic way for covering a vent using an aesthetic cabinet.
Have to say, that’s pretty sauve.
3. You can also use sheet metal with attractive patterning. This DIY guide from The Friendly Home will show you how.
4. This DIY guide shows how to make a gorgeous vent cover for 1/10th the cost of a pre made, custom cover.
5. This woman made a rubber door mat look like an expensive brass cover for her vent.
6. Have a wee one starting to crawl around? This DIY guide will show you how to baby-proof those floor vents.
7. Of course, you can always build a DIY shutter cover for your AC vent.
8. Even simple cardboard can be used to make stylish vent covers. Learn how here.
9. Sometimes, simple is best. This DIY guide can help you create a simple, and appealing wooden cover to be proud of.
10. Yet another DIY guide for a snazzy cardboard (paper towel rolls) vent cover. Plus, this particular guide is pretty entertaining to read.
11. Were you raised in a barn? No? No problem! Here’s a DIY guide for a “barn door style” vent cover to give you the feel.
12. Bathroom vents need loving too! Cover that nose saver with gratitude and style.
13. Need a quick fix for showing your home? Try this DIY guide out.
14. Here’s an excellent video on how to create wooden floor vent covers.
Via Steve Ramsey
15. And finally, do you have a floor vent for heating that doesn’t send the heat in the right direction? Here’s a simple DIY method for sending warm air where you want it.
Via Brian Molhoek
If you liked this one, you’ll love these: